This afternoon I’ll be sitting down to black-eyed peas, cabbage, and a host of other goodies that are supposed to bring prosperity and good luck into my life this year – and I hope you’ll do the same with your own traditional foods and superstitions for a bit of fun as we begin another year on the planet.
If you’re looking for amusing things to do or see today, I’ve rounded up a few links for you:
- Julie Andrews hosts From Vienna: The New Year’s Celebration 2016 at 2:30 P.M. ET on PBS. (Check local listings for more information.)
- Watch Britain’s Got Talent ‘Escapologist’ Darcy Oake attempt what he calls his “most dangerous” stunt yet at the London New Year’s Day parade.
- American Sherlock fans, rejoice as the new episode airs on January 1st for the first time.
- The Harlem Globetrotters will return to Newark on their 90th Anniversary World Tour to perform for a good cause.
- If you’re in Wisconsin, you can watch the annual Polar Bear Plunge – or jump in yourself.
Be safe and enjoy your weekend! I’ll be back tomorrow with a great new column I call Spotlight Saturday that is not to be missed.